Smith Optics 2019 Code w/ MIPS (Matte Black) Snowboard Helmet
- Lightweight in-mold construction
- Aerocore construction featuring Koroyd:Smiths objective and design philosophy behind Aerocore construction is to increase airflow, improve temperature regulation resulting in fog-free vision and improve impact resistance. The objective was achieved through the combination of materials such as EPS and Koroyd, a revolutionary new material that absorbs more energy upon impact when compared to international standards, while increasing airflow. Aerocore construction through the use of Koroyd and EPS allows for more vents to be placed throughout the helmet without sacrificing protection and comfort.
- Airflow climate control:Airflow ventilation utilizes strategically placed vents for easy climate control in all conditions. Vent placement maximizes airflow and heat exhaustion in warm temperatures while minimizing undesired cold air drafts. Fabric flaps in the lining design on certain models allow you to open and close the airflow vents for adjustable comfort.
- 6 vents
- MIPS:MIPS is used to reduce the rotational forces to the brain in the case of an oblique impact. Smith helmets are created to absorb direct impacts very efficiently and when combined with MIPS, Smith helmets absorb oblique forces better by allowing a small rotation of the outer shell relative to the liner.
- Adjustable Boa FS360 Fit System:Taking customized fit to the next level, Smith introduces the Boa FS360 Fit System. With a full 360 degree halo design, this system advances the category by offering both forward and lateral fit adjustments. Feel the fit system snug to the head in a full halo, allowing for a "floating" effect that eliminates helmet hot spots. Offering Boa's standard intuitive dial system for on-the-fly micro-adjustability, along with vertical adjustment options, the Boa FS360 Fit System is a best-in-class fit system, offered in Smith's market-leading Vantage helmet.
- Technical-knit liner
- Wayfinder Strap System featuring Fidlock
- AirEvac 2 ventilation
- Removable goggle lock
- Beanie compatible
The new Code combines a minimalistic aesthetic with Aerocoreconstruction featuring Koroyd for the new front edge of skate-style protection. The low profile shell design is better protection combined with Smith-pioneered AirEvac technology for superior goggle integration. The new Wayfinder strap system featuring Fidlock is functional simplicity, making it easy to use one hand for on and off use. The technical-knit liner provides beanie-like comfort while a Boa FS360 fit system lets you customize your fit. This is the first true solution for advanced riders that want superior protection and functionality with a minimal look.